Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our Family

When Hubs and I met in Spain in 2003 (yes, I know I need to tell you Our Story...more to come on that), we lived in a small town outside of Valencia called Alicante. It seemed to us that everyone had small dogs that they would walk morning, siesta and night. After 5 months abroad, we came home and decided we needed a small dog (or two) of our own. Hubs wanted a Miniature Pinscher. A friend of his had one and he liked the look of them. He liked that they were small yet still had a certain 'badass' look. Hence, within 3 months of returning stateside, Bentley was brought home, complete with black leather, silver-studded collar.
Meet Bentley
Bentley would like you to think that he is 11 pounds of terror. In reality, he is an extremely smart, loving dog. But don't tell him I told you! *wink* One dog just didn't complete our new family. I had always wanted a tiny dog that would follow me around and fit in my purse (which, for the record, I have never done. Just not my thing.) Enter our little Chihuahua, Lulu.
Meet Lulu

She is the dumbest sweetest thing on Earth. Her eyes look at you with pure love and adoration. She can be found most days either attached to my ankles or warming my pillow on the bed (much to the chagrin of Hubs).

Bentley and Lulu reap the benefits of an as-of-yet childless couple. They complete the first phase of our family.

So in keeping with this theme of introducing you to Our Family, I think it's time I began telling you Our Story. So now you know where Hubs and I first met. Stay tuned for more...

xoxo Miss E

9 comments:

Mrs. Hanson said...

How cute are they?


Can't wait to hear more about you and Hubs!! :)

Mrs. Realife said...

They are so freaking adorable!!! LOVE THEM!

Looking forward to hearing your story... SPAIN?!?! WOW!!

Jackie said...

How cute! I love that pets are part of the family!

Katie & Ryan said...

Love your doggies! Can't wait to hear your story...it sounds so exciting!

Jessica said...

I can't wait to hear more of your story! The dogs are adorable...I'm kinda biased though since I have an adorable Chihuahua too!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

So darling! I'm a little dog person too, and thinking of adding one more to the fam. I secretly want a little one that follows me everywhere too.

Looking forward to hearing your story. Funny, I was just thinking about how much I need to go to Spain today; luck girl to have studied there!

Domestic Diva said...

They are too adorable and I can't wait to hear your story!
Have a fabulous evening!
xxxx me

Sweet Bea said...

BOO - you suck! I want to know how you guys met!! :(

Heather Warren said...

Oh my goodness. the last pic is priceless...