Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Final Countdown

Well, friends, we're in the final countdown.  My due date is May 12th...exactly one month from today!  I can't believe we'll meet our little girl in the next month!

We're as ready as first-time parents can be.  We have the car seat, crib, stroller, a closet full of clothes and two hearts full of love for this little person who is going to complete our family. 

Hubs and I had an awesomely laid-back weekend, just soaking up our time together.  We went to dinner at a Spanish restaurant, we saw a movie, we went for a walk.  You know what, though?  As great as it was, it feels like we're waiting, like we're missing something.  I know it's her...we're just waiting on her.  We're already a family of three and we're just waiting on this baby girl to make her arrival. 

Speaking of her, I should formally introduce you her. We've had the name decided on pretty much from the time we found out the gender. 




We wanted a name that was unique yet classic, strong and feminine, something that could be said in both English and Spanish...and Viviana was the perfect fit in our minds.  June is my grandma's name, who embodies those unique, classic, strong and feminine qualities and who all-around is one of my most favorite people on this planet.  To be able to work in a family name - and her name, no less - was the perfect bridge to her name. 

We call her Vivi ("Viv-ee") or Viv for short and I'm sure we'll come up with other fun nicknames once she gets here and we see her personality.

So there you have it, friends!  One month and counting!

18 comments:

Lulu said...

Itty, bitty, baby Vivi- we cannot wait to meet you!
Love,
Auntie Lulu and Uncle Holy One ;)

Rhonda said...

Love the name!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oh my goodness, so close! I can't wait to "meet" her and hopefully meet meet her soon too! :) I love her name!!

Brenda said...

Love the name!!!!

AEOT said...

Darling name. Will it be Vivi- anna or Vivi- ahna? Love it either way!! Best of luck with the delivery process and the first few days at home. Can't wait to see pics!!

TUWABVB said...

Love the name and so happy for you both! Can't wait to "meet" her. And so happy you're enjoying the next few weeks and relaxing - you deserve it!

Annie said...

i LOVE her name!!!! it is adorable!
and i totally know that feeling you have, like you are missing something and it's your baby. i have that same feeling!! i can't wait to meet my baby boy!
we with both be meeting our little ones so SOON!! :)

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Love the name Erin!! Beautiful!

Rachel said...

I absoultely LOVE the name choice! So pretty. I especially love the nick name Vivee!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

What a beautiful name! My grandmother is named Bibiana (Spanish version of Viviana) and goes by Bibi. I've always loved that. :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Love the name!! Can't wait to "meet" her!

SLynnRo said...

Love it!

Legallyblondemel said...

Hey! I'm sorry it's been 1,006 years since I've been by.

I'm so very excited for you & Miss Vivi (*love* the name, by the way)!

Michelle said...

Love love love the name! She'll be here soon!!

cozystyle.cozyeggdesigns.com

Suz said...

Love the name! I had a friend in grad school who went by Vivi and I always loved that nickname:)

Michelle said...

This is probably one of the best posts I have read in such a long time! Congratulations first and foremost on the new addition to your family! That name y'all have picked out is simply beautiful. Second, the whole part about the "waiting on her...family of three..." made my eyes water a bit!! I'm getting married in October and I can't wait to have children!! Congrats again to you and your husband!!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

just discovered your blog..congratulations on the final countdown!

MissBliss said...

oh my! just jumped in since school is out. congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Bliss