Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rocky Mountain High

This weekend I am so excited to be going to Denver! One of my college roomies moved there a few years back, has met a special someone, and bought a house! A group of us is going to meet up for a weekend of fun and festivities! And when I say fun and festivities, I mean all-out-knock-your-socks-off tour of Denver and all the hot spots. Now I really wish I had our *fabulous* college pics online (guess that was back in the Dark Ages of actual film, gasp!). One of my upcoming projects is to get all of those oldies-but-goodies online so I have them for posterity. Or rather, so my kids can laugh at my college style and bad fashion choices. Whatev... I introduce to you some of my most favorite people in the whole world: They are the absolute best friends a girl could ask for. And I know that I don't say enough how thankful I am that each and every one of you is in my life, that we've been together through thick and thin, and that I cherish every memory we've made. These girls were my family away from home, my sisters throughout college. We had our own jokes, nicknames, sayings. They made my college experience everything and more. So this weekend is about old and new; reminiscing about our past, meeting new loves, and celebrating a great friendship. I love you girls!

9 comments:

Lulu said...

PRECIOUS!!!! Loving the flashback photos (is that in an Adelphi chapter room?! hehe) Have SO much fun in Denver this weekend! IF you're downtown all weekend, *pretty please* eat at Illegal Pete's? It's sort of like a Chipotle, but much more awesome. I crave it weekly and miss it SO much! Can't wait to hear about the big weekend!
xoxo,
Lu

Erin said...

Have fun in Denver! Don't do anything I wouldn't - *Laugh*

-E

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Have a great time. Girl's get togethers are the best.

Stephanie said...

That sounds like a totally fab trip! I expect some wonderful pictures upon your return. I love girls trips!

DietCokeStraightUp said...

Have a great time!!!! Looks like you've got a great group of friends to catch up with!

Sweet Bea said...

Have such a great weekend!!! :) Can't wait to see more new (AND old!) photos!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you had an awesome weekend! How wonderful that you've maintained your friendships from college.

Jessica said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Oh, and I couldn't help but notice that you're reading The Shack...ME TOO! I'm only at the beginning but I can't. put. it. down.

Unknown said...

Oh I just read this! SOOO SWEET! It was the most wonderful weekend. I only wish is wasn't over. Love you :)