Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rainy Day Schedule

So Hubs, the pups, and I are majorly hunkered down in our room right now, candles lit (just in case), watching the weather updates.  It is raining cats and dogs here.  Cats and dogs.  They even issued a tornado warning for our county.  Umm, helloooo...Arizona is supposed to be having beautiful weather right now so as to make all the other winter dwellers jealous.  Apparently that is not in the cards.  Too bad, too, since it's the big week of Barrett-Jackson and Russo and Steele Auto Auctions.  Read: insanely rich men pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for collector automobiles to fulfill childhood/adolescent fantasies.
And don't even worry that I've basically worn the same outfit for the past 3 days to work.  And had to steal  borrow an umbrella that I found at co-worker's desk who is on vacation.  And drive 5MPH - I'm so not even kidding you - down the streets.

But with all that said, I really do love rain.  It happens so infrequently here that it's always a treat.  As a kid growing up here, 'rainy day schedule' was always the best of days.  Heads Up 7-Up and Quiet Ball in the classroom instead of recess.

So let's hope we don't blow away tonight! 

As I'm writing this, I asked Hubs what other games he used to play for rainy day schedule and he looked at my with a blank stare.  Help me, friends, weren't there other games we'd play?  I'm drawing a blank....

xoxo


6 comments:

Mrs. Hanson said...

So lucky that you got to stay inside. We always had to go out- rain, snow, or sleet! Yuck.

...but somestimes as a classroom treat we got to play Heads up 7 Up... fun stuff!!

Sierra said...

Stay safe sweetie, the weather has been mad here as well! I can't get over it but it is supposed to be a bit better tomorrow I hope. I think all of our storms are now near you! Be safe, tornadoes are so weird to be happening in CA and now AZ! Hope you found some fun games to play.

Oh and I passed away some blog award loving your way at my place XO~

Jami - XOimagine said...

I know! We've been having really crazy weather here in Southern CA too! Rain and tornadoes...crazy! Stay warm!

Jessica said...

Dear the ever so lovely Miss E,

Hey, it's Jessica, you know, your long lost bloggy friend. I thought I was a follower of your blog here, but either I'm not, or your posts never, ever show up in my reader. Consider me a follower and please accept my sincere apology...that IS if you and and the hubs didn't wash away last week.

Lurve,

Jessica

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I only remembered Heads Up Seven Up, but now that you mention it, I do remember Quiet Ball! I don't think it was as popular though.

Nishant said...

this post is really great.
PPC Advertising India