Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Inception, Stinkin' Hot and a Scorpion Sting

So you saw in this post how busy I've been over the past few months. This weekend was the first in a while that we were free. And by free I mean, free to clean the house and tackle the piles of laundry.

We did manage to sneak away for a movie on Friday night to see Inception. If you haven't seen it, you must go - no, run - to the theatre as soon as possible. This movie was awesome. And not only because of my favorite, Leonardo DiCaprio (I've had a mad crush on him since Romeo + Juliet days, sigh). But mostly because this movie makes the audience think.



Have y'all seen it? How do you think it ends?? I have how I want it to end and then how I believe it really ends. Just can't seem to match those two up.


Saturday we ran some errands and then came home to lay around and watch a move clean. Now Saturday was a hot day (even for AZ standards). After 30 minutes of not being able to cool off inside, we checked our thermostat. It read 4 degrees hotter than the set temperature. I'm sure you can imagine where this one is going. We slept that night in our steamy 90 degree house, praying that the service man would actually show at 8am as he said. We all did a happy dance (dogs included, I've never seen the poor things pant so much) when the doorbell rang at 7:30am. A hefty check written for a temporary fix but at least we have a cool house again! Once it cooled off, we finally got to the business of cleaning, etc.


Oh and on top of all that, I got stung by a scorpion on Saturday night! The first time for this native Phoenician! I don't believe it was the bad kind since the numbness/tingling only traveled up the front of my foot/leg, below my knee. I survived, nonetheless, and am completely back to normal as of today.


So we had quite the weekend! What about you? Any other eventful weekends out there?

3 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I keep hearing it is such a good movie. It sort of has a Matrix feel to me.

So glad you survived the sting.

Amanda said...

I CANNOT wait to see that movie. I am not a fan of Leo's, but I feel like this movie could convert me :)

Tara said...

Eek! I want to know more about the scorpion sting! How did it happen? Did you see the little bugger ahead of time? I've been hearing about scorpions since we moved to Texas a year ago, but I haven't seen one yet (knock on wood)!