Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Those days, those games

I'm having one of those days...you know the ones.

Either you're burnt out or distracted or just not feeling 100%. Today is one of those days for me. I just can't seem to concentrate on my task at hand, my mind wandering to something else I should be doing...or better yet, just wandering. It might be that I'm tired, or excited (BlogHer is only 1 week away!) or maybe I just had too much caffeine.


Either way, I play these games with myself to stick through the day. "After lunch if I'm not feeling it, I'll go home." And then lunch comes and goes and I'm still here, plugging away. "At 3pm I'll leave early." And then 3pm comes and goes and I'm still here, plugging away. I never actually go home early. But somehow these games make me feel better. Like I have an 'out.'

Do you ever have these days? What do you do to cope?

xoxo

3 comments:

Suz said...

Oh I do that too...I tell myself I just need to make it til lunch. Then I eat and figure if I can keep at it until 3 it's downhill from there.

Sometimes if it's really dragging I'll get out and walk around the place where I work (indoors if it's summer). Or I clean out my files and organize. Sometimes if I'm really dreading a task I'll time it so next time I'll think "ah, this only takes 13 minutes!" - and make a game of it. Like my own personal Olympics of TPS reports.

Suz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Hands down! I think we all have those days from time to time. I usually take that as a sign that I need to wind down in some way...glass of wine, reading, bath..something!

Did you go to BlogHer? How was it, Miss E?