Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lights and Tunnels

So I know yesterday's post was a downer and I'm sorry for that. I just had to get it off my chest. I'm better today, I promise. I actually have very exciting news to share. Hubs called me during work. Immediately thinking something was wrong, I called back. He told me about his lunch meeting with an attorney that he knows. {This is not a huge development on its own as he has been filling his days with lunches and meetings with attorneys he knows for networking and job hunting. Oh, and the occasional full day of shenanigans with his friends. (btw, do you see a trend with my exasperation and poker night recaps?)} Anyway, so I'm listening - and wandering the halls at work - and then he hits me with it: He got hired for contract work with this firm. He starts tomorrow afternoon. Oh my gosh, wait, what?! Can you repeat that because I think it deserves bold and capital letters? HE GOT HIRED FOR CONTRACT WORK WITH A LOCAL FIRM! I'm so incredibly excited for him. Since finishing school and The Bar, he's been chomping at the bit to get going already with work. For those who don't know Hubs personally, he is the guy with the impeccably-matched suits, shirts, ties, briefcase, business card holder, cufflinks, etc. He has been waiting for the day he goes to work like some in Blogland long for the days of being SAHMs. {I, personally, am neither here nor there on any of the above mentioned issue...just want a comparison that we all understand.} We all know the state of These Hard Times (thanks Legallyblondemel for the perfect way to put it!) and there is no exception for attorneys. Especially fresh, brand new, just starting out associates. We've been concerned about his job hunt as if I have to endure another week of shenanigans* I might go crazy it's tough out there right now. He knows many good, fresh outta school attorneys who are still looking. And the student loans will need to be paid back sooner rather than later. *Disclaimer: I do joke about the shenanigans as the poor boy worked his tail off for 3 years and endured 2+ months of agonizing Bar prep to get to this point. He deserves a break! I'm so proud of him! It'll help get us through this interminable wait-for-the-results time period (which will last until mid-May). A sign of the metaphorical "light at the end of the tunnel" and all that. We're one step closer. xoxo A very happy Miss E

9 comments:

The Cralls said...

So excited for you guys! Congrats Hubs! :) Maybe those shenanigans will be a little more far and few between now - doubt it but atleast your hubby had an excuse...mine on the other hand....NOT SO MUCH!

Needs Help said...

Congratulations and good luck to him!

Jessica said...

Woohoo! Congrats to the hubby!

Mrs. Hanson said...

Yay! Congrats to the hubby! :)

Miss E said...

Thanks! It really means a lot :) You all are the best! xoxo

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Congratulations! That is such great news.

The Show said...

I think he should quit...So he can spend more time with me:) lol...Just kidding you go boy!!!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That is wonderful news for your husband! A huge congrats to him!! Go celebrate and have a wonderful weekend!
Carrie

Simply Me said...

love your blog- new follower! :)