Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wedding Season Is Upon Us

Just a quick post and then I'm off to bed...(and I know I owe you all more than that, I've been MIA for while...gasp!) Maybe a recap of a certain blogger's big day will serve as my apology?
Lulu's wedding was AMAZING. It was a great ceremony - in a beautiful church - and had the perfect mix of solemn and light-hearted. We then headed to the historic Arizona Biltmore Resort for the outdoor garden reception. Hubs described it as "Nantucket chic" (Surprisingly the perfect way to describe it). Everyone wore bright, spring-colored dresses to complement the yellows of the bridal party. Mama Martini even wore an a-mazing hat to match her teal dress. Old college friends were in town to help celebrate the big event. But most of all, Lulu was radiant. She looked beautiful and her happiness was infectious. While dancing* in a big circle she mouthed to us "This is the best day of my life." I was so proud to be able to share it with her in all her happiness.
*the girl boogey-ed in her dress!
And in true Arizona spring/wedding fashion, Hubs and I will be heading to another wedding this weekend. This time, one of our best friends (and the Best Man from our wedding) will tie the knot. I can't wait!
Funny how I was such the anti-bride, but I have so enjoyed my friends' weddings. In fairness, mine was the first wedding of most all of my friends and I was overwhelmed with being the center of attention. And the decisions - oh the decisions to be made. Overwhelmed was the perfect way to describe it. I wish I had known about all of the wedding blogs 5 years ago...so much inspiration, advice, tips. Luckily, my wonderful and ever-talented mom was able to translate "Miss E language" into "wedding language" and that day turned out perfectly. Exactly what I wanted.
Well I'm off, lovelies. Please stop by Wearing Mascara's new site. She recently made the switch to Wordpress and is hosting a fabulous giveaway! You should read her if you don't already...she is such a kind, funny, smart chica and I always look forward to her posts.
xoxo
Miss E

8 comments:

Sweet Bea said...

PS, and I've been meaning to ask you this after looking at your FB pics...did you have 2 dresses at your wedding??

The Cralls said...

Great post Miss E! I couldn't have explained it better! (My post will not be this good but I guess just another view point) haha! Have fun this weekend - we'll miss you at the pool party! PS I have hubs blueblockers (which is totally awesome that they're actually BBs)

Beth Dunn said...

Sounds amazing!

Wearing Mascara said...

YAY I'm happy the wedding was fab! I love wedding season. I'm invited to 4 this year and last year I only went to 1. WOW... guess I need to go dress shopping eh?

Anyways, thank you SO much for posting about my site. It's so thoughtful and much appreciated :-) I feel the same way about your blog!

xoxo

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Good weddings are always fun. In the end, I think it's more about what you do then what you see (dress, food, flowers, etc). You are lucky your mom was so helpful.

Milltini said...

Awe! So happy to hear that Lulu's day (and yours) were so fabulous!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

that is so nice! i'm glad you had such a great time and it just sounded so beautiful=)!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I know what you mean about being overwhelmed by being the center of attention. It's so much more fun, in a way, to just be a guest instead of being the bride!
Carrie