Friday, July 24, 2009

BlogHer Lust


You know how in a sorority (sub-in whatever situation draws the same-type feelings), you start out as a pledge.... 

you are so excited just to be a part of the group and make new friends.... 

you look up to the older (read: infinitely more cool than you can ever aspire to be) girls... 

you want to do everything they do because they are just so dang pretty, witty, fun, exciting...?

I thought that as an adult those situations would be few and far between.  I mean, c'mon, I'm a full-fledged adult now. 

But I might as well be that 19-year old freshman Pi Phi pledge again because I wish so much that I were at the big BlogHer Conference this weekend.  Just to bask in the presence of all those amazing, strong, funny, beautiful, successful women. 

Am I the only one who feels this way??

xoxo

6 comments:

Jackie said...

I wish I was there too! Next year it is NYC so I can just take a bus up, so I am hoping to go!

Domestic Diva said...

I would feel the same way! Have a fabulous weekend!!
xxxx me

E said...

I want to be a BlogHer so bad it hurts. I want to be that cool. Sigh...

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I totally wanted to be there, too.

MissBliss said...

awww...sounds like lots of fun!!! i did a communication school "bootcamp" at university of miami a few months ago and LOVED it!!!

Michelle said...

I was having those same feelings too. So glad you wrote this post. I guess we never outgrow it.

cozystyle.blogspot.com