Wednesday, July 22, 2009

In Other News



And now for non-sleepy relatedness...


I just wanted to give you an update on my day-to-day life.  Can I tell you how nice life is now that THE BAR is done and out of our lives?  I say this with love as I know many of you, your spouses, friends, etc. are preparing for this monster at the end of this month.  And I wish you the hugest amount of luck and love.  It's not easy being the one to take it, but it's not easy being the one to watch your loved one take it either.  The silver lining is that it too will pass.  I would liken it childbirth, although I can't say from experience.  Regarding childirth, that is.  But you know how women say that the birthing is so incredibly painful in the moment and then the memory of the pain fades with time?  Well, I think it's like the bar, except without the newborn infant to care for after.  


It's still somewhat fresh in our minds, but slowly fading from memory.  There are still mornings I wake in a panic thinking that Hubs needs to do X, Y or Z.  That we still have this or that hurdle to pass before the next stage of our lives starts.  


When we're not waking in cold sweats, I can happily report that our days are filled with complete and utter normal-ness.  We get up at the same time (or if you read my last post, we get up when Hubs opens the blinds and rolls my body out of bed), get ready together, watch the news Tour de France coverage, make breakfast/coffee and leave the house at the same time.  We come home in the evenings, make dinner, drink a bottle of champagne workout and fall asleep together.  This is the first time in our whole marriage that I can say this about our life.  


I'm beyond happy with this new stage.  After all the chaos of school and the bar, I'll take a little normal - hell even boring - for awhile.  Now how can I quiet my screaming uterus long enough to enjoy this calm?


xoxo

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm so jealous! We are dealing with bidding for summer associate positions for next summer and I want to cry my eyes out like once a day. There is so much pressure! Ugh.

Sweet Bea said...

You must calm your uterus until I come to visit and we karaoke. That is an order. :)

Domestic Diva said...

Many Blessings on your new adventure!!!
xxxxx me

Stephanie said...

Sounds like your life is utter bliss right now. I would love a little normal in my life. Hopefully that will come soon!

Oh, and answer your uterus - haha ;)

MissBliss said...

awww... so sweet. I can totally relate since G and I are driving in for summer stuff right now together... for his electronic media class and the class I'm teaching. We have a similar setup, I am pried awake...

we are having so much fun... he felt like last Friday was his first real Friday night feeling in years since he worked such crazy schedules beforehand... and we had quite a partying weekend...great therapy :)