Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday. I'm so lucky to have such a strong, insightful, loving and beautiful woman as my mom. She has an amazing gift of interior designing and decorating. Check out her website: http://www.solems-classic-interiors.com/. She started by decorating (and redecorating) my childhood home and has grown her passion into a full-fledged operation, decorating client's houses from Payson to Scottsdale, Anthem to Chandler. She travels to Las Vegas, Chicago and Texas just to find the perfect item to finish a room. She has amazing style and great eye for detail. She has strong values and opinions - and is never afraid to share them! (Yes, she can be thanked for all of my spunk and sass...I learned from the best!) She taught me to reach for the stars and dream big; anything is attainable with hard work and determination. She loves nothing more than to spend time with the whole family gathered around, laughing and sharing stories. She made sure to instill the best values into my brother and me - and dedicated her life to raising us so well. She believes in me. No matter what life throws my way, I know I can count on her to see me through. Most of all, she is more than just a mom to me, she is my best friend. So today I raise my chilled glass of Riesling to you, Mom! I love you. Now, let's go celebrate :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo! Y'all are twins and that's great since your mom is gorgeous! Glad I found your blog...

Stephanie said...

Found you through Krystyn's blog. Cute blog!

That's a sweet post to your mom. You are both so beautiful!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

She sounds like a fabulous lady! And, she's raised you right:)

And, Riesling? Have your tried Moscato? It's delish! Barefoot brand is fabulous.