Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

The poor Hubster. He's officially lost in the Land of The Bar. I'd like to think of it as a magical, faraway land, but sadly it's not. He's up at dawn, nose in the books until midnight. He even talks Torts and Contracts in his sleep. I knew this time would come. After 3 years of law school, they warned me this would happen. And I know he's in the last 10 day stretch. But it's hard. I feel helpless that I can't help him besides bringing him food and a hug. For the take-charge kind of gal that I am, it's hard to have to sit by and watch him get more mentally and phsyically exhausted everyday. I'm so proud of him - for all that he is and has become. He's a great man, a great friend, a great husband. I'm thankful everyday that I have him in my life. So, we're not all lovey-sappy-Valentine's-y, but I hope he knows (at least in the back recesses of his mind, those that aren't consumed by laws and such) that I love him and I'm there for him in spirit. And if all I can do is feed him and water him and make him smile, then I'll be the best damn feeder/waterer/smile-inducer on the block! And to all my blogger friends celebrating with their special someones tomorrow: please recap all V-Day details on Monday...I need to live vicariously through you, ladies! Bring on the chocolate! Happy Valentine's Day Miss E

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you're sweet :)
You can come over and have another box of candy hearts...oh, but in the chocolate department...grab some more choc covered strawberries - I have some left! *Mary*

Lulu said...

You're almost past the dreaded Bar!!! I'm calling for a mandatory weekend getaway for the 2 of you after all this studying... Hope you managed to have a great weekend!
xoxo,
Lulu